Not sure how to change Keurig 2.0 water filter? Here are step-by-step instructions that will help you do it quickly and easily.
Keurig water filter should be changed every 2 months or 60 tank refills.
The water filter is located inside the water tank, on the valve at the bottom of the tank.
There are two types of filter holders for Keurig 2.0 models. The rear reservoir filter holder for K200, and side reservoir filter holder that works with K300, K400 and K500. The filter cartridges are the same for all Keurig 2.0 models.
How to replace Keurig 2.0 water filter:
1. Remove the water tank from the unit, discard water and remove the filter holder from the tank.
2. On the bottom of the holder, press in the tabs on both sides of the base at the same time and pull down to separate. Discard the old filter.
3. Rinse upper and lower filter holder with water.
4. Take a new water filter and soak it in water for 5 minutes. Then, rinse it under running water for 1 more minute.
5. Place the prepared filter in the upper part of the filter holder, close with the bottom part of the holder, and set the date 2 months ahead to know when it needs to be replaced again.
6. Place the filter holder into the tank and push it down until in place. Be sure to push firmly all the way down to correctly attach the filter.
Keurig 2.0 brewers have a water filter alert and they will indicate when it’s time to replace the filter.
To set the alert, go to settings, water filter reminder, press enable then save. When it’s time to replace the filter the machine will indicate “time to replace the water filter”, press continue, replace the filter as explained above, then press yes, to reset the filter reminder.
Best water for Keurig 2.0
Keurig recommends using bottled or filtered water in their machines or using a water filter. Do not use softened or distilled water in your Keurig machine.
If you want the best tasting coffee, rinse the tank and fill it with fresh water every morning. This will make such a difference. Also, make sure to thoroughly wash the water tank with mild soap at least once per week.
First time here? Make sure to check out our Keurig Guide for more tips, recipes and resources.