Hi guys, today I’m sharing a highly requested peppermint mocha recipe with crushed candy canes!
Over the years, I’ve tried and tested so many different versions of peppermint mocha, but this one is by far the best. Let me show you how easy it is…
HOMEMADE PEPPERMINT MOCHA
1/2 cup strong brewed coffee or a double shot of espresso (2 oz)
1/2 cup hot milk
1 tsp quality cocoa powder + 1/2 tsp sugar, or 2 tbsp chocolate sauce
1 peppermint candy cane – crushed, or 2 mini-candy canes, or 1 tbsp peppermint syrup
1. put cocoa + sugar in a cup. Add 2 tbsp hot water and mix until a creamy paste forms.
2. add crushed candy canes and stir until melted
3. add coffee
4. add milk
5. add enough sugar to achieve the level of sweetness you like and stir
6. garnish with whipped cream
Super simple to make! Also, this peppermint mocha version has like, half the calories, compared to one from Starbucks. Of course, if you want to save few more, you can use almond, rice or soy milk or some sugar-free syrup.
And, if you want to really simplify things, International Delight has a fun & delicious seasonal! Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer which you can use to give your coffee the seasonal twist. If you choose to use creamers, you don’t really need a recipe. Just make coffee and add 2 or 3 tbsp ID creamer.
Thanks for reading, as always! Enjoy!! xo
you might also like:
– Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
– 2014 holiday gift guide: Great Coffee Gifts for Every Budget