Coffee makes life easier. But, homemade coffee makes life…better.
And if you have a Keurig coffee maker, there’s really no need to spend any money on iced coffee. Because it’s so easy to make your own.
HOW TO MAKE ICED COFFEE WITH BREW OVER ICE K-CUPS
First, if you prefer buying, you can simply grab a box of Brew Over Ice k-cups. These k-cups have extra coffee and tea, and they are specially designed to brew directly over ice. The line includes iced coffee, tea, lemonade and fruit infused drinks, and brand like Snapple and Lipton. Here’s how to brew Brew over ice k-cups:
1. place a 16 oz cup filled with ice under your brewer
2. insert brew over ice k-cup and brew on 6 or 8 oz setting
3. add sugar and creamer to taste and stir. :)
HOW TO MAKE ICED COFFEE WITH REGULAR KEURIG K-CUPS
Don’t worry, even if you don’t have brew over ice k-cups on hand you can make your own iced coffee in less than 5 minutes. Simply use your favorite regular k-cup. I actually prefer this method because I hate it when there’s too much ice in my coffee. And, I’m not sure is it obvious, but I love making coffee drinks from scratch ;)
1 regular k-cup of your choice (dark roast if possible)
4 large ice cubes
4 ounces cold milk or half and half
sugar, creamers, syrups – optional
1. Take one k-cup of your choice and brew at 4 ounce cup setting. Keurig 2.0 or Platinum users will have this option, but if you don’t you can use 6 ounce cup size.
2. Place 4 large ice cubes in a tumbler and r e a l l y Is l o w l y pour the coffee over ice cubes. Don’t brew directly over ice, the key is to add coffee slowly.
3. Now, add cold milk or half and half for extra creaminess, stir and enjoy!
That’s my basic recipe. Now play around from there. For example, you can add 2 tbsp cinnamon dolce syrup and make a cinnamon dolce latte or you can add caramel sauce for iced caramel latte. The options are endless. For example:
Keurig Vietnamese Iced Coffee Recipe
Make iced coffee base (brew 1 regular k-cup at 4 ounce setting, and slowly pour the coffee over ice cubes), but instead of regular milk, add 2 – 3 full tbsp sweetened condensed milk.
Keurig Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte
Make iced coffee base, add 2 tbsp cinnamon dolce syrup (store-bought or homemade) and 4 ounces cold milk.
Keurig Iced Caramel Latte Recipe
Make iced coffee base, add 2 tbsp caramel sauce or dulce de leche, add 4 ounces cold milk, stir and garnish with whipped cream.