Today, I’m going to show you how to make iced coffee with Keurig coffee makers. Grab a k-cup and let’s dig into these easy recipes.
HOW TO MAKE ICED COFFEE WITH REGULAR KEURIG K-CUPS
If you’re like me and you love making drinks from scratch, then you’ll love this method. This recipe may seem complicated at first but it’s not, really. Here’s what you need:
1 k-cup of your choice
4 large ice cubes
3 – 4 ounces cold milk
sugar, creamers – optional
1. brew one k-cup at 4 or 6 oz setting. Keurig Platinum is ideal for this recipe since it has an optimal, 4 oz setting. If you have a different model (elite or special edition) use 6 ounce setting and extra bold k-cup for the best result. If you have a Mini, measure out 4 ounces of water and brew as usually.
2. in a tall glass, put 4 large ice cubes. take coffee, and then, really really slowly pour coffee over the ice cubes. Can’t you just brew coffee directly over ice? You can, but the brewer dispenses water too fast for this method. So, I recommend to first finish up brewing and then use your hands. It’s important to pour coffee slowly to give it some time to cool. This will also save all the flavors. End result: lively, tasteful and fresh iced coffee.
3. add milk and sugar (or your favorite creamer), stir and enjoy!
BREW OVER ICE K-CUPS
If you’re not much of a DIY person and you prefer buying, then check out the Brew Over Ice line. This k-cup option has extra coffee and is specially designed to brew directly over ice. Here’s how to use them to make iced coffee :
1. place a 16 oz cup filled with ice under your brewer
2. insert brew over ice k-cup and brew on 6 or 8 oz setting
3. add sugar and creamer to taste, stir and enjoy
At this moment, there are 17 different Brew over ice flavors to choose from, including coffee, tea or lemonade.
And it’s as easy as that!