A detailed how-to on how to clean your Keurig Rivo machine to make it shine and keep it running efficiently.
AFTER EACH USE, THE FROTHER
Please, thoroughly clean all components of the frother after each use. You can place them in the dishwasher or wash by hand with warm water.
With espresso machines, it’s really important to take a good care of all the parts that come in contact with milk so they wouldn’t develop a bad smell, caused by milk protein build-ups. You can even use a special dairy cleaners like Rinza from time to time to really keep it nice and clean. Simply pour 1 oz Rinza in the frother, fill the rest with water and place the pitcher in its place. Run latte froth button, then let the machine sit for 15 – 20 minutes. Then, remove the pitcher and rinse thoroughly.
WEEKLY CLEANING ROUTINE
1. Empty the drip tray and pod bin. The machine will automatically push down an empty pod into the pod bin, once you open the handle. To remove used coffee pods from Rivo cappuccino & latte system, pull out the drip tray and the bin will come out with it. Clean and dry, then place back in its place.
2. It’s recommended to run a rinse cycle every week (or after 10 – 12 beverages). To run a rinse cycle, place a mug on a trip tray, close the handle without inserting the pod and press the lungo button. Repeat twice. Discard the water from the mug.
3. Wipe the external parts of the brewer with a damp cloth.
DESCALING KEURIG RIVO, EVERY 3,4 MONTHS
Descaling is important. It helps clean mineral build-up inside your machine and can help with poor performance. It keeps your machine in a good shape and ensures good tasting coffee. The descaling process should be done every 3, 4 months, depending one the mineral content of the water in your area. For this purpose, you can use white vinegar, special Keurig Descaling solution or a similar commercial descaler. I like to use Dezcal powder in my espresso machine.
Here’s how to descale your Keurig Rivo machine:
1. Pour 1 bottle of Keurig Descaling solution and 14 ounces of water into the reservoir. Turn on your brewer.
2. Place a mug/ pitcher on a drip tray and start dispensing the solution using the lungo button. Open the handle, close and press lungo button, without inserting the pod. Repeat the brewing step until the control panel lights up in a circular pattern. Remove the water tank and rinse well.
3. Fill the reservoir with clean water only and rinse again using lungo button. Repeat this step until you have completed at least 12 brews.
4. Wipe the machine and all removable parts, fill the reservoir with clean, fresh water and you’re ready to brew.