I get a lot of questions asking where I find good k-cup deals, so I thought it would be fun to share few ideas on how you can save money on your coffee and where to buy k-cups cheap.
Sam’s club & Costco: Great way to save on k-cups is to buy them in bulk at Sam’s. You can get a box of 100 for $46 – $51. That’s $0.46-$0.51 each. A 24ct k-carafe box retails for $33, or around $1.37 each, instead of usual $1.80 per pod. Costco : normally it’s $82.99 for a box of 160 k-cups, and $89.99 for a box of 180 ($0.49 – $0.51 ea).
Amazon: one of my favorite shopping sites, because they have basically every brand available and the shipping is free on most items with Amazon Prime. Normally you can get your k-cups for $0.55 ea ($27.78 for 50 ct box, $13.31 for 24 ct box). Also, pay attention to clearances and daily deals for extra savings.
Kohl’s, Bed Bath & Beyond: I stock up when I have a 20% or 30% coupon and the k-cups are on sale at Kohl’s. Many of the Kohl’s coupons can be used online, and you can often get a free shipping with a code or purchase amount. When on sale, you can get 18 ct box for $11.99. Combine this with a coupon, Kohl’s cash and free shipping and you can sometimes get a 18ct box for, $5.00, $6.00. Last time I got 6 boxes and it was something like $0.32 each. Not bad. You can also get a good deal at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a 20% coupon.
Grocery stores: If you aren’t hooked on a particular brand, shop the clearance racks. So far, I have found some amazing deals on clearance. Also, if you get a k-cup coupon, save it – just in case. A coupon can save you from $0.50 to $1.50 per box, so it’s a good thing to have even if you don’t normally use coupons. You can always throw it away later. Don’t forget to check the exp dates!!
And, here are some tricks of the trade for saving loads of money on k-cups…
1. The best way to save money is to buy k-cups in bulk. This is super smart, especially if you have a favorite brand and you drink it all the time.
2. A different way to save money is not to buy in bulk when buying a new flavor for the first time. Because, there’s a chance that you won’t like the coffee. It’s better to get a small box first (12 – 18 ct).
3. At the grocery store, always check the exp date. Because, if the k-cups are close to exp. date, they’ll probably be on sale. It will take you like 3 seconds, but can save you a lot of money, nerves and it’s good for your health. In fact, this is a great thing to do, no matter what food or drink you’re buying.
4. Use coupons (check coupon sites or your store website). A coupon can save you $0.50 – $1.50 per box.
5. Compare clearance price and regular price, then decide will the deal save you money or not. Don’t get a box of k-cups just because the sign says so.
Also, don’t forget the reusable k-cup. If you want to save BIG and you don’t want to make too much waste with k-cups, this is the best little tool. Keurig has just released their Keurig 2.0 My K-Cup reusable filter.
Do you have any stores you love that I haven’t listed?