Keurig k-cups are super convenient but they are not always the most affordable option. So, I thought it would be useful to share a few ideas on how to save money on k-cups and where to buy them cheap.
BEST PLACES TO BUY K-CUPS
Sam’s club & Costco
A great way to save on k-cups is to buy k-cups in bulk at Costco and Sam’s Club. You can get a 100ct box for $30 – $50. For example, 100 ct Original Donut Shop k-cup box retails for $47.00 at Sam’s club ($0.47 each) and you can get Maxwell House Breakfast blend k-cups for $34.98 ($0.35 each!).
One of my favorite shopping sites because they have basically every brand available and shipping is free on most items for orders over $25 or with Amazon Prime. Normally you can get Keurig branded k-cups for $0.40 – $0.50 each. You can get other brands for as low as $0.33 per cup! Here’s a round-up of the cheapest Keurig k-cups on Amazon:
Keurig branded, under $0.50 per cup
Maxwell House Breakfast Blend Coffee, $0.39 each (light roast, not the best option if you like strong coffee)
Green Mountain Half-Caff, $0.42 each
Maxwell House House Blend k-cups, $0.43 each
Mc Cafe Premium Roast k-cups, $0.43 each
Eight O’Clock Dark Italian Roast, $0.47 each
Donut Shop K-cups, $0.48 each
Newman’s Own Organics k-cups, $0.48 each
Green Mountain Nuntucket Blend, $0.49 each
Emeril’s Big Easy Bold, $0.49 each
If you choose to subscribe you can save extra $1.50 – $2.00 per box.
Kohl’s and Bed Bath & Beyond:
I stock up when I have a 20% or 30% coupon and the k-cups are on sale at Kohl’s. Many of the Kohl’s coupons can be used online, and you will often get free shipping with a code or purchase amount. When on sale, you can get an 18ct box for $11.99. Combine this with a coupon, Kohl’s cash and free shipping and you can sometimes get them for $0.35 each. You can also get a good deal at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a 20% coupon.
If you aren’t hooked on a particular brand, shop the clearance racks. So far, I have found some amazing deals on clearance. Also, if you get a k-cup coupon, save it – just in case. A coupon can save you from $0.50 to $1.50 per box, so it’s a good thing to have one even if you don’t normally use coupons. Don’t forget to check the expiration date on the box.
And, here are few more tricks for saving loads of money on k-cups:
1. The best way to save money is to buy k-cups in bulk. This is super smart, especially if you have a favorite brand and you drink it all the time.
2. Try not to buy in bulk when buying a new flavor for the first time because there’s a chance that you won’t like the coffee. It’s better to get a small box first.
3. At the grocery store, always check the expiration date on the box. If the k-cups are close to expiration date, they’ll probably be on sale. Buy only as much as you can drink before the date expires.
4. Use coupons (check coupon sites or your store website). A coupon can save you $0.50 – $1.50 per box.
5. Compare clearance price and regular price, then decide will the deal save you money or not. Don’t get a box of k-cups just because the sign says so.
If you want to save BIG and you also prefer environment-friendly options, this is the best little tool. They make reusable k-cup filters for both: classic Keurig brewers (K15, K55) and Keurig 2.0 brewers. It’s not as convenient as sealed k-cups but if you use coffee from a grocery store like Folgers or Maxwell House, the cost per cup is around $0.15 – $0.20.